Portugal’s Troia Resort will be one of the highlights of the Global Junior Golf Tour next year as young golfers from across the world are invited to the home of one of Europe’s best courses.
Troia’s championship course, renowned for its breathtaking sea views and challenging links holes, will host the tournament for the first time early next year – and the event is open to any youngster, aged between 12 and 18, looking to take their game to the next level.
Global Junior Golf was set up to give serious young golfers the chance to enter tour-like competitions across the globe and to give them a taste of what professional golf might be like, while also giving US college coaches the platform to track top talent when looking to recruit students or offer scholarships.
The aim of the programme is to get the best out of the juniors and provide an enjoyable environment in which to thrive, with access to special performance centres, training, academy programmes and a series of tournaments set in various countries across the world – which include events in many European countries.
And next year’s event at Troia Resort is a welcome addition. The resort, located just an hour south of Lisbon, boasts one of the finest golf courses in Portugal, with stunning views of the Atlantic and the Arrábida mountain range.
The course, designed by architect Robert Trent Jones Senior,stretches 6,317m along the beach and will be a stern, enjoyable test for the juniors, who will be required to play amultitude of shots through a combination of pine trees andindigenous coastal plants, on a course with small, narrow greens and bold bunkering.
The event takes place from Friday, April 3, to Sunday, April 5, 2020, and the resort is offering great packages for golfers competing in the tournament. With five nights’ accommodation at Troia’s four-star Aqualuz Hotel, the price includes the competition entry fee, breakfast each morning, three tournament days and one practice day, a welcome dinner, water and bananas, unlimited warm-up driving range balls during the tournament, and an official practice round. Prices start from just €378.50 per person for a double room and €566 for a single.
For non-golfers and spectators, five nights’ accommodation with breakfast will cost just €228.50 per person for a double room and €416 for a single. Any additional nights for golfers and non-golfers can be purchased for just €75.
Tournament Info: https://globaljuniorgolflive.com/troia-junior-classics/
Available age classes: U14, GJG Tour (18&under) and 21golfleague (21&under)
Ranking: WAGR, EGR & JGS
Alexandre Barroso, Troia’s golf director, said: “We are very excited to be hosting a Global Junior Golf event at Troia and can’t wait to welcome everyone to the resort. We’ve arranged some brilliant packages to hopefully attract as many young golfers to the event as possible.
“Troia is committed to giving junior golfers the best facilities to improve and works hard to make golf accessible for young people, offering heavily discounted green fees to all juniors affiliated to the Portuguese Golf Federation. So, hopefully, this event will help us in promoting the next generation of our wonderful game.”
Troia’s excellent location is just a 15-minute ferry ride from Setúbal city centre, which is filled with a wide range of highly regarded and affordable restaurants, and just a short distance from Comporta – one of the trendiest, and most sought-after, destinations for Europe’s travelling cognoscenti.
nTo book any of the above packages, please firstname.lastname@example.org
Press release written and distributed by Azalea. If you have any questions or require more information, please contact Josh Abbott on email@example.com call 01730 711934.
Notes to editors:
• Troia was voted 17th in Golf World’s Top 100 Golf Resorts Continental Europe in 2017.
• The resort is situated on the Tróia Peninsula on the Atlantic coast, less than an hour south of Lisbon, and a unique ferry ride between the up-and-coming town of Setúbal, which is filled with a wide range of highly regarded and affordable restaurants.
• Troia Resort is complete with five and four star hotels, a range of modern apartments, villas and beach houses, a vibrant marina, as well as a casino, restaurants, bars, sporting facilities and many other on-site attractions and amenities.
• Real estate at Troia is something very special. Offering stunning views, contemporary architectural design and high-specification, luxury interiors. Property owners also benefit from 24-hour security and full management and concierge services.
• With an unrivalled tourist offering, including excursions to the Roman Ruins of Tróia, boat trips to the Bottlenose dolphin colony and much more, there really is something for every member of the family to make an unforgettable holiday.
• Troia has partnered with Elite Golf Academies to bring a resident pro on-site all year round who delivers lessons using the latest technology, including Trackman, to give an unrivalled learning experience to golfers of all abilities. The academy also organises club fitting from a variety of major brands.